Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Its a sad day

Its crazy how fast information can travel these days with all the new technology. I was on Facebook last night and I had noticed that an old teammate had posted a weird status. As a professional FB stalker I started investigating and sure enough it really was true. Late Sunday night, or early Monday morning two friends of mine, two classmates, two people I had grown up with passed away. Ben Stein always had a hard time fitting in for some weird reason. He was a super nice guy and a great athlete, but for some reason the guys just never really accepted him. He was a tough army man, a great father and loved to know how you were doing. Kurtis Cayce was always an odd duck. He too was always trying to find his place throughout school and he nailed in on the head in college. Everyone at WSU loved Kurtis!! I am so glad we spent New Years together and caught up. These two will be missed by so many!!

3 comments:

  1. I keep seeing posts about this on FB...what happened?? So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that ... ironically on Facebook as well .... and it is sad. 23 is way too young to leave this earth, but they will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sad. The report is now in the columbian. www.columbian.com

    ReplyDelete