Saturday, May 26, 2012

That special someone!!

The real story behind the special guy in my life...

It all started back in late April 2011. I was working away at Lake Shore Elementary School, taking my students down to the cafeteria for breakfast. Out of the corner of my eye, and by the trash cans of course, I saw a very nice looking guy throwing his breakfast away with the students. A quick and random thought popped into my head, "I wonder if I am supposed to meet this guy?" Being shocked from where that stemmed from I went about my work day. Through the rest of the week and the weeks to come this handsome fellow would pop into breakfast with an adorable little girl. They would sit down and enjoy a humorous meal together before she was off to class. Some days he would even be wearing his fire fighter blues!! Soon enough, I started crunching numbers in my head thinking how old this guy is to have a daughter in kindergarten already! Well, it turns out that a co-worker of mine knew this young man...it is her nephew. She was telling me all about him, "comes from a great family, wants to be a fire fighter, works at a car wash." I wasn't really ready for anything serious, especially coming from the last loser I dated.... I simply replied, "I don't really want to be dating a 20 year old who works at a car wash and has a daughter. I need to focus on school and work." OUCH! ha ha... she politely informed me that the adorable little girl was his 6 year old sister!! A few days later we were properly introduced, and I waited for him to contact me.  3 days later I learned that he had been searching and searching for me on the famous FACEBOOK.... but no luck. It proves that creepers can't find me since I'm not listed as my full name! So I looked him up and we began chatting.

In typical Courtney fashion, I don't like waiting for things or wasting my time. We had been chatting all day and nothing was going anywhere yet, typical, so I just laid it out there... "Do you want to go bowling sometime?" "Sure when?' "Tonight!!" That was May 11,2011. Since that day we were always together, except when he was working at the fire station. We had a wonderful year together until.... he made it official!


May 26,2012


A day I will never forget.... Garrett James Riley had been contacting all the women in our lives to ask me a very important question. He lined them up along a stretch of road leading to his house and gave them all a very important sign. With an early morning phone call, "Can you come pick me up?! I have a flat tire and need to get to work." I was out the door, headed to go rescue my love. Little did I know what was soon to follow...

















We ended the special day with a beautiful brunch put on by his family. It was a great day and I can't wait to be..... MRS. COURTNEY RILEY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Courtney-- I'm so happy for you guys. I hope that I get to meet this gtreat catch in person someday. :)

    ReplyDelete